Monday, January 10, 2011

Day 2 - Praying for a Purpose

Day 2

Today what really spoke to me was
"You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brothers eye" Matthew 7.5

I am good at a lot of things - not great but competent as I have done an amazing variety of things in my life so far. The downfall of this is that I can be critical of the way others do something and get really frustrated when I think I know how something can be done better.

Today I realised that while I am busy finding fault or thinking how it should have been done I am missing out on the wonderful job that people are doing  and that even if there is a better way, really it is not that important.

So instead of being critical, I am asking God to show me how I can encourage, build up and help when appropriate. Sometimes I am so blinded by what I think could be done that I miss what is being done.

Todays word for me is humility.

No comments: