Sunday, January 9, 2011

Praying For Purpose

Years ago I worked though the book - Praying For Purpose for Women by Katie Brazelton.

Today I decided I would start it again, commit to making time to read it and honestly explore the questions and readings each day and see what God has to say to me.

Day 1 - A 'God moment' (why am I suprised?) - today was Numbers 13 & 14 - when Calab and Joshua's actions demonstrate their amazing trust in God. The verse to ponder is Joshua 1,9
" 9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go.”

Although I know I did the right thing in standing for what I believe is right and stepping down from my job, as the days have passed, fears creep in - what will we do without my wage, what will I do with my time (and everyone has jobs for me!), did I make a mistake...

This study reminded me that although there are 'giants' in my life that like Calab and Joshua I need to keep my focus on God, I need to be 'strong and couragous' and not just say I trust God but show it in my words, actions and thoughts.

No comments: