Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Day 3 Praying for Purpose

Today the verse that spoke to me was Luke 18.1
" 1 Then Jesus told them a parable about their need to pray always and not to lose heart."

1/ Too often I forget to pray. I find it easy to talk to Mal, my friends, even myself I forget that the first person I need to talk to about things is God.  The one person who knows me better than anyone - who knew me when I was in my mothers womb and cares about me so much He was willing to die. Surely I can spend some time in coversation with Him! I am going to paint one fingernail a bright colour so each time I see it I will do a spot check on my conversation so far that day with God.

2/ Never lose heart - so often life is hard. Things don't go the way I would like them to. For me a big issue is relationships. So often people hurt me (and I am sure I hurt others) by actions, words, lack of action or just silence. The hurts can run deep and make it hard to trust again. One option is to give up, become an island and hold people at arms length. This is my first choice...BUT God says do not lose heart - pray about it and like the widow in the parable, persevere. Perseverence is not a cool word in our society. We don't want to do something - don't. Sick of something - buy a new thing. 

Too often we forget that by working hard at something we will appreciate it more. Even when it is hard, pray always and never lose heart.

No comments: